Saturday, September 02, 2006

It's A Doozie!

I had to go into town to run an errand this morning and there is a huge festival and car auction going on. The largest in the WORLD. I took my camera to take a few pictures of some of the Auburns, and Cords, and Duesenbergs that were arriving for a show, and judging. I got so excited, most of my pictures were blurred and somehow took about five pictures of the ground. These are some that came out okay. This is a Duesenberg. Notice the "trunk" in the back. They were not part of the car but seperate.
This is an Auburn. These cars were made here. There is a fascinating muesum in this town. The actual car factory.
Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum It's a great place to visit! TThe term "doozie" came from these cars, and I am here to tell you they ARE doozies!
This is a Duesenberg super charged roadster. These cars had class, and engineering beyond their time. Some of these cars were V16! Today we think a six cylinder car is a big deal.
This pictured didn't come out well. The hood ornamant is a glass crystal eagle head! They didn't mess around when it came to luxury! A Cord... Some day I hope to have one of these cars. I know I am dreaming. Marlene Dietrich's Duesenburg went up for auction a few years ago and had a RESERVE (minimum of what they will sell it for) of 1.5 MILLION.

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home