Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Jerry

Today started out pretty much like any other day. I got up, got ready for work, went in and played some. Then I read the morning paper. A good friend of mine's Father had passed away.

Funny how you don't think of things you have done years ago, until something like this jogs your memory.

Years ago there were four of us that once a year, would go on a fishing charter up on Lake Erie for walleye. One year, Richard invited his parents, Jerry and Satute.

As you can imagine the rest of us were a bit worried, as you just don't know how things will turn out when someone's parents go along for the ride. We were a bit roudy and had a warped sense of humor so we didn't know if we could be ourselves for the trip.

We all met before dawn, and packed about a million fishing poles in the back of the truck. (none of which anyone would use as the captain always had the "right" one.) We packed three coolers of food (we know where our priorities are). We had to have enough food to get through one whole day, and off we went. It wasn't fifteen minutes and we were all laughing and getting along like old friends.

We ended up having the best time, and laughed and joked for hours on that boat. We were so wrong thinking Richard's parents were going to put a damper on things. I guess I just think of my Mother when I think of parents, she recorded every little thing my friends said and brought it out as ammunition at all kinds of odd times.

Jerry, I will miss you and think of you every time I go fishing for walleye. You will be missed.

Jean, Richard, and Satute, I am so sorry for your loss and my prayers and thoughts will be with you during this sorrowful time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home