Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Ninety-five

My brother gave me a call late this afternoon, saying he was going up to my other brother's house for dinner, did I want to come. I said sure, pick me up. We got about five miles down the road, and his truck just quits running. It was dead in mid stream. Okay, dead on the road. We coasted to the side of the road, and both of us pulled out our cell phones; Whom I was going to call, I don't know, but it was some sort of instinct to pull out the phone. Good thing I did, because Mister "my phone service is better than yours" phone didn't have a signal.

We tried calling his mechanic, which turns out to be my mechanic, one of the last numbers I dialed on the phone, as I am taking my car in tomorrow for service. He had already taken the phone off the hook, he does that around quitting time, so no last minute calls can tie him up. "T" gets out the AAA card he had in his wallet, and called them. It would be about an hour for them to come, so there we sat.

It was starting to get dark, so he decided it might be a good idea to turn on the hazard lights, but he wasn't sure where they were, as he had never had to use them before. I pointed them out to him, and on they went. After a while of talking about the weather, and a few other things, I stepped outside for some air. I get back in the truck, and here is the conversation:

T: Ninety-five.
Me: Ninety-five what.
T: Ninety-five clicks of the hazard lights per minute.
Me: You counted the clicks of the lights?
T: Ninety-five.
Me: Well okay.

Silence.

Me: Gee it's getting cold.
T: Yep

After about a half hour:

T: Ninety-five times 35, what's that.
Me: You want to know how many times the blinkers have blinked in the last 35 minutes?
T: What's ninety-five times 35.

So we spent a few minutes doing the math in our head. When was that tow truck coming anyway?

The truck finally arrived, and I sure wish I had a camera to take a picture of the tow truck driver's butt crack. Honestly, he had to have been freezing, or feel a huge draft or something. I don't believe I have ever seen that much of one on any person, except for maybe the guy that was fixing the boat prop a few years ago...wait, that's another story. Anyway, I did try to get one with my camera on the cell phone, but it was getting too dark for it to come out, and I had a moment...just a moment of a conscious and put the phone back in my pocket.

We got the truck back to his house, and we ate some jumbalya and ice cream and when "B" got home, I was delivered back to my house.

What an interesting evening, wasn't it?

1 Comments:

At 12:22 AM, Blogger Bammy said...

3325.. you know I had to.. lol..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home