Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Marbles Galore!


Pulling in the drive this afternoon, I looked up towards the house and noticed a large cookie can sitting in front of the door. First thing I thought was Aunt Betty has dropped off some cookies! YAY! I hurried up to the house, and there was the cookie can, with my dog's chain sitting on the top of the can. I guess she thought that if I didn't see the big can going into the house, surerly I would find it when I let the dog out. I got a chuckle out of that.

I opened the can, and it was full of marbles! I had been talking with her this weekend when she came down, and I was showing her the "new" kitchen, about wanting to put marbles in the center of the hardware I had put on the front of the cabinets, and that neat marbles are hard to find now. She had said she had some somewhere and that if she found them, I could have what I wanted. She must have gone straight home and looked for those things. There are all sorts of neat colors and sizes, I will have a hard time only choosing six. Help!

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that shiney blue one sitting on the lower right side. It looks a little larger than the others beside it. Of course that is the placement if you havent moved the can since you took the picture. Something tells me you have.
You know I'll bet your aunt has many such treasures stored away. Perhaps that is where you get it from.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Junie said...

I know exactly which marbles those are! There are so many neat colors to choose from, I can see it will take some time deciding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home