Sunday, October 08, 2006

Apple Festival

This weekend there was an Apple Festival going on. It is one of the last festivals of the year around these parts. There are a few smaller one's going on later, but as far a s a big festival, this was the last hurrah of the year. Today, my friend and I got up and headed out to see all of the crafts and taste all of the delicious food they had to offer. As you know from previous posts, I am known for eating my way through festivals and fairs, and today was no exception. I steered my friend to food booth after food booth like a well oiled machine.

First stop was kettle corn. I had decided this time, I would eat the really good stuff first, then go for a bit of nutrition, if I had room. Second stop was for some freshly made pork rinds, hot out of the kettle. If you have never had a hot pork rind made in front of you, you haven't lived. Third stop was for a maple cream. It is a chocolate pattie, with nuts, filled with the most delicious maple cream you have ever tasted. Being the sensible person that I am, I asked for them to put it in a bag so I could take it home for later. Next stop was for an apple burger. I had never tried one of these, and have seen this booth every year at this festival, so I decided that this was the year to try them. They were made with ground beef, apples, cinnamon, and onion powder. I know, it sounds strange, but they were actually very good. You could hardly taste any of the different things, mostly the hamburger.

After we ate, we walked through all fo the crafts to see the latest new decorating ideas for home. Lots of the same crafty things and a few new ideas of things to make. I sure wish I had some of the talent these people have.

The weather was perfect yesterday and today. Not a cloud in the sky , and in the mid 70's. Good food, good friends, good weather, all came together to make a GREAT weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home