Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Soapbox

On the news tonight, they had a story about a growing line of people that are camping out in front of an electronics store waiting for the Play Station 3 to go on sale. They have been there a few days already, and will be staying there a few more days, as it doesn't go on sale until Friday or Saturday. Another store said it wouldn't allow camping or the line to begin until tomorrow. They are all waiting for this item to go on sale for around 600 dollars. I guess that's a great deal as the regular price is supposed to be about 1,200 dollars. I am sure all the other stuff that goes with this thing will cost a pretty penny too. The camera panned to quite a group of folks with tents and sleeping bags ready to brave the rain and cold, all for this gizmo.

I couldn't help but think if someone were to walk down that line, and ask any of them if they would want to volunteer for some purposeful project, most if not all, would tell them they didn't have the time. And if someone were to walk down that line and ask any of them for a few bucks to donate to some charity, they would most likely say they didn't have the extra money.

I am thinking when Moses came down the mountain with those two pieces of stone that the Creator told him to write on, and the first thing that was on it said something like: Thou shalt not put anyone or anything before Me; That this was one of those things the Creator was talking about.

Sometimes I am ashamed to be part of this society. I think I need a hug.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger DB said...

:::HUGS:::

I saw a similar story. It's ridiculous.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Junie. And here's a hug for you ((((((Junie))))).

Trudy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home