Thursday, January 25, 2007

New and Improved

I received my bank statement today in the mail, and upon opening it, discovered my new and improved statement. There was a two page letter telling me how fabulous this new system is, and how wonderful the new format of my easy to read bank statement was going to make my life. What was once an easy to read one page statement is now on three pages, front and back with categories and sub categories.

This was one of the last places to new and improve their statements. In the last few months, every statement from every company I receive mail from has changed their statement, or billing style. At one time I could easily glance at any paper and see what the bottom line said. I now have to filter through page after page of figures written, and then, rewritten three different ways in four different sections.

I now know why we pay all of those service charges and handling fees for all of these places. It's to pay some dolt to sit there and think up how complicated they can make one piece of paper be.

I guess that since I got an extra few pages telling me how wonderful it is, I am supposed to believe it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home