Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunday Visits

Today started out kind of rainy, so I decided it would be a good day to clean the house. Things kind of sped up after my sis-in-law called and said they would be coming over. I am so thankful for people coming over. It's the only way I really get a good cleaning in. I shifted into hyper speed after the phone call to get all of what I wanted done before their arrival. They pulled up just as I was finishing up.

"S" brought fixings for cheese toasties and some wonderful vegetable soup. She even brought the butter to put on the bread. She must have thought I might not have any, so she brought all of the things required. I had loads of fresh fruit, so with what she brought and what I had, it was a wonderful lunch.

Afterwards, my brother helped me put the a/c in the upstairs window. It wasn't really heavy, but I didn't want to put it in the window alone, as I had visions of it dropping 2 stories because I would let go of the wrong thing at the wrong time. It didn't take long to put in, and one more thing to do for summer is crossed off my list.

We walked down to visit with middle brother and wife, and sat on the porch and enjoyed what turned out to be a nice day. It started off with rain, and clouds and ended up perfectly. The phone rang, and it was oldest brother wanting us all to come over for pizza, so after a nice visit, headed over there.

I love it when a day with no plans turns out to be a day filled with visits, and visiting, and good food, and laughter. I don't think it could have been a better day if it was planned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home