Monday, November 23, 2009

Jinx

Serveral weeks ago, I got a call from my supervisor asking me if I was wanting full time work, and of course, I said yes. He went on to say that they were given permission to put a full time person on, and that they could move up one of the employees that they took full time away from, and my supervisor said he didn't want him promoted, that he would like me. I was so excited and told a few relatives about it, and while I was telling them I even mentioned something about jinxing it by talking about it. I hadn't heard anything since that call. Well I did jinx it.

Today my other supervisor said that the supervisor that I had talked to stepped down and was being replaced by someone relocating here. Of course there was no mention of the pending promotion for me, and I'm sure won't hear about it again.

I'm so bummed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home