Thursday, July 06, 2006

Confession

I have a confession to make about gardening and vegetables. Up until very recently I must admit ( I am so embarrassed) that I thought a pole bean was named that because it looked like a pole..... A string bean was named that because it had strings as you snapped it, and a bush bean was named that because...Heck I don't know. I DID NOT KNOW that a pole bean was named that because it vined on a POLE, a string bean because it grew up STRINGS, and a bush bean was just that...a bean plant that grew in a BUSH. The reason I am sharing this is because I KNOW there are others out there like me. Totally ignorant of veggie lingo mumbo jumbo. There....I admitted it to the world.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! But you know what I didnt know any of that either. And i'll bet you are right that a lot of other people dont either. I know I was called a "bean pole" as a child because I was straight up and down skinny. Sure wish I could be called that now! Do they have a 'roly-poly bean' out there?

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Junie said...

I had a friend, that when young and at a slumber party called up someone from the phone book with the last name BEAN. They sang "there are green beans, kidney beans navy beans, what kind of bean are youuuuuuu?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home