Monday, July 10, 2006

Sunday Adventure

Yesterday, my sister-in-law gave me a call and asked if I would help her put some signs in the ground for her quilting guild's upcoming show. She had volunteered to put up 14 signs in a town near us. In turn for me helping, she would spring for lunch. As I was hungry and nothing great to eat here, I happily said yes! We set out driving and thought of a few corners close to the house. She would pull over, I would hop out of the car, grab a sign, and poke it in the ground. The first one, there was no traffic and it went smoothly. After a couple of sign postings in the country at some opportune corners, we went to the town to put the rest up. You know, you see signs poked in the ground all of the time for this and that, so I figured it would be easy to put up one and not feel guilty. This town had NO signs ANYWHERE. I started to feel like a criminal rushing out of the car and poking those things in as fast as I could. And it didn't help that B would pull so far ahead of me that she wouldn't be implicated if a police officer would happen by. I got the feeling there was some sort of ordinance regarding sign posting. Pretty soon she got the idea that I was uncomfortable with the whole thing...Maybe because I would cower and run back to the car, slide in and yell okay now GO! She volunteered to put a few up and let me record the place, as they intend to pull them all up when the show is over. I never thought it would take so long to find spots for 14 signs. What a person has to do to get a free lunch! Anyways, the signs were in, and we enjoyed a nice lunch. I decided that sign posting was not for me.

1 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I guess you saw a Sign about the Signs and now you realize that Signs are not in your....ah nevermind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home