Tuesday, August 08, 2006

.Today was one of those good news/bad news kind of days. First thing this morning I received an E mail from my sister in law announcing the engagement of my niece. She has said yes to a fine young man, a doctor, no less. He is a good boy, and very pleasant, he will be a wonderful addition to the medical field and our family. I am so happy for them.

A few hours later, I received a call from my brother, saying that after 20 years, the last being a really rough one for his business, that he is giving up, and closing. It is in the building industry, and things have come to a screeching halt as far as commercial business building. I am sad for him, as he is in his fifties, and having to start over, and work for someone else after all of these years. He will do fine, but it just sucks when you see the news reports that our economy is doing so well, yet business are closing up right and left. I guess they haven't been to our neck of the woods to see the reality of the trickle down economics of some of the policies our fine leader is putting through the system. That's all I'm going to say about that as I feel my blood pressure rising.

So, all in all, the two announcements balanced out to be an okay day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home