Monday, August 21, 2006

Gratitude

The weekend was one of thinking about gratitude. My brother had surgery Friday, and while in recovery, flatlined. They got him back, and he is home, and doing well. I am so thankful he is okay, as I sure wasn't ready to part with him just yet, and I KNOW his wife, and children sure are glad too. Lot's of wonderful things coming up in that family my brother doesn't want to miss.

We all take so much for granted, and I couldn't help but think of all of the things that I am grateful for. I have been working in the kitchen, with limited funds, and limited space for things, when I reminded myself of how wealthy I really am.

I ached everytime I got on my knees to paint, then realized I should be thankful that I have:
1: Knees to kneel on and legs to stand on where many have none
2: Paint to paint with and brushes
3: Things to paint where some have none

I wrestled with the refridgerator trying to move it and reminded myself that:
1: I have a refridgerator to move and electricity to power it
2: I have food in it where many have none

Now I am hauling totes with stuff that was in the cupboard and was complaining about all of the junk that was in them when I realized:
1: I have junk to haul
2: There is food in those totes where many are starving
3: I have 2 arms and a decent back to carry them where many
need assistance to even feed themselves.

So all in all, I have it quite good, and am thankful each and every day for my aches and pains, and junk, and food, and most of all, my family.

1 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I love you Junecleevr...you are ever the optimist...how could someone not love that? Cedarflame

 

Post a Comment

<< Home