Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Refrigerator

For about the past three years, I have had this whirling noise coming from the fan in the freezer. A "fonzie" type whack on the side of the refrigerator would eliminate the noise for a while. Over the years, it has increased to where, at times, it would keep me up an night if I was having trouble sleeping. I would have to get up, walk into the kitchen, smack the refrigerator, and go back to bed. Lately, the noise has taken a turn for the worse, sometimes even making a more ominous sound and I could only get the thing to stop whirling by opening the door and taking an item from the freezer and hitting right where the fan is located, only for it to start the noise almost immediately after the whack.

THREE years of this noise, and I had finally had enough this morning, so I emptied everything out of the freezer, got a screw driver and unscrewed the box where the fan was, got some WD40 type product and sprayed where that fan was. I plugged it back in and....NOT A SQUEAK, WHIRL, GROAN, or any other horrid noise coming out of it. It is purring like a little kitten.

Now I have to ask myself, why in the heck did it take me THREE YEARS to figure this out?????? I am so dense sometimes.

Update: The whirl is back! But not nearly so bad. Sigh, back to smacking it.

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

Caue it was easier to be Finzie.. and.. WAY more cool..LOL

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

Oh my.. can I suck any better at typing?? Could I rephrase that comment into something more readable?? I MEANT.. that it was easier to be FONZIE..lol.. sheeshh...

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Cause you like beating up on things that are made of steel on the outide and cool on the inside?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home