Thursday, June 07, 2007

Driving Tidbits

I was driving in to work today and, as usual, there was some construction going on. I kind of got a chuckle with the first encounter with a crew that was putting in some kind of line along the side of the road. It was a hilly winding road, so they required flag people to stop traffic and let each direction take turns going through that area. The thing that struck me funny was the person standing in my lane, with a stop sign; When it was my turn to go through, she turned the sign to the "slow" side, and pointed to the other lane. What other lane was I going to drive in??? Yes ma'am, you drive over there on that side of the road. Well duh. Was I going to drive through her and in to the machinery? I just laughed thinking about that the rest of the way in.

Another thing I noticed about drivers, is how they make it known how perturbed they are with you. This poor lady was trying to exit a driveway, and had the nose of her car slightly in the road as cars were going by. Each one went WAY around her to emphasize how they had to go out of there way to get past. Just in case she didn't realize she was sticking out a bit. And as they veer way out around,and pass her, they give her this glaring look. "Because of YOU, lady, I had to disrupt my exact straight line of driving!" Every single car could have gone past her without going in to the other lane, they all just had to make their point to her how she had stopped.

Either people think drivers are morons, or drivers think each other are morons. One can't escape it.

And one last note about drivers. Have you ever noticed that men that wear big hats drive slowly? They go about 20mph under the speed limit and are constantly gawking around at stuff. I dare you all to test that theory. It's true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home