Friday, July 27, 2007

Hot Lazy Day

It was so damp this morning, I didn't want to go out in the garden. We had a good storm last evening from the looks in the yard and the garbage container that had moved 5 feet out on to the porch. The field is muddy, and it's as humid as all get out, so the garden will have to be unattended to for yet another day. I'll have a bunch of things to pick tomorrow.

I had to run a few errands today, so I got dressed and set out to town. I thought while I was out, it would be a good idea to grab a bite to eat before I went in the store to grocery shop. There is nothing worse than shopping hungry. Everything looks so good and I throw all kinds of things in to the cart fully intending to eat each and every thing when I get home. I went to a Chinese buffet, one of my favorites...all you can eat for five bucks, including drink. It's a whole lot better than dumping a wad of bills at a burger joint. As I got up to go to the buffet tables, I suddenly noticed that my shirt seemed to be riding up kind of high around my neck. I went to pull it down and grabbed a tag. Yes, my shirt was on backwards. It drove me nuts the whole time I was eating. I wanted to pull my arms out of the sleeves, give the shirt a twirl right at the table, but thought maybe the other people might lose their appetite, so left it as is.

I thought it seemed kind of hot while in town, and when I got home, and started to unpack the groceries, was dripping with sweat. I checked the weather conditions, and sure enough, over 74 percent humidity. It really wasn't that hot, but when that is added to the picture, it was pretty miserable, so I broke down and turned the air on. While we have had some hot days, it's been pretty dry and pleasant, and hadn't had it on for over a month.

Now that it's drying out and cooling down in the house, a nap sounds pretty good right about now. Something tells me I'm not going to get much of anything else done today before it's time to go to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home