Saturday, July 07, 2007

Cool Stuff

I went out to the garden this morning to see what there was to pick as I didn't make it out there yesterday. The zucchini and yellow squash went crazy in one day. I picked an armload of both, and didn't know what I was going to do with it all, so I put a basket on a bench out by the road. I made a sign, 3 for a dollar, as I wanted them to GO AWAY, put the squash out there and a jar and left for work hoping they would be gone when I got home.

I had forgotten all about it and when I pulled in the drive, looked out there and saw an empty basket. Walking up, I noticed a 5 dollar bill in the jar. Now I know there weren't 15 squash in that basket. There were quite a few, and a couple of large ones, but not that many. Someone must have really thought they were getting a deal, loved squash, wanted to make bread or something. I'm just glad they found a home. I hate seeing things go to waste, and I just love the honor system.

I better find a bigger basket as there are more squash out there, and the green beans are coming on like crazy and those 20 tomato plants are loaded with tomatoes starting to turn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home