Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Passages

A few months ago, my sister in law gave my name to a friend of hers who's Mother was needing some help around the house. She was by no means an invalid, but needed help with cleaning, and someone to drive her places she needed to go, and generally just be a companion. I agreed to help, and a few days a week, I have been going over to Ruth's house. We liked each other right away and became good friends. We would go to the library, out to lunch, and other things.

A week ago Monday, when I went over to her house, she said she wasn't feeling well, and kind of napped most of the time I was there cleaning. It wasn't like her at all, and I was a little concerned, and asked if I should call her daughter, which, right away, she said no. I left a little early because I thought I was annoying her, and would let her rest. Tuesday, I received a call that Ruth was in the hospital. Her daughter came over Monday after I left, and found her napping on her bed and took her to the doctor first thing Tuesday morning. She was having trouble with her heart rhythm, and a few other things. I stopped in for a visit later in the week. She had been worried about me and my training, and I had to tell her I didn't get through it, but would be free to spend more time with her when she got home.

This morning I received a phone call from her daughter's husband. Ruth passed away during the night last night.

Ruth was kind of like a mother to me, she spoke her mind, had a wonderful sense of humor, and in the short time we knew one another, taught me so many things about life. I am thankful that we crossed paths, even if only for a short amount of time. I will miss her.

My prayers are with her family during their time of grief, and hope that they find comfort in the midst of their loss.

I have a sad, heavy heart today.

6 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

(((((((((((((((junie)))))))))))))))
Not much else I can do or say... You are a good person... thank you for being you..

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Junie said...

Thank you Bammy.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I am sorry M, I love you dearly and do not like to hear you are in pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Risley

 
At 5:23 PM, Blogger DB said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. That's so sad.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Junie said...

Thank you, Risley. She was loved so much by her family, and by all who had the honor of meeting her.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Junie said...

Thank you, Sharon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home