Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Melon Patch

I brought out a watermelon I purchased at the store to inspire my melon to grow big, just like it. Think it will work? I actually have some nice sized muskmelons in there! In the past, I have only been able to get one to about the size of a softball.
It has been so dry here, that I have been having to water the garden. I must have stepped on the hose walking out and it squirt some water on the ground. These white butterflies were all gathered trying to get what moisture they could out of it.

5 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

but.. but.. but.. that top picture? you have purle dirt!! no wonder things wont grow.. ITS PURPLE DIRT!!! The next one is pinkish.. and the bottom one.. brown.. like dirt should be..
lol.. I love your blog Junie.. just like I love you!!

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Ah, nice melons. (Bammy made me say it)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

I just noticed. Bam is right you got purple dirt. What the hell is going on with the purple dirt?

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Junie said...

I guess my camera doesn't do color too well. But hey..it's pretty dirt. :::puffing out chest all proud like:::: I'm proud of my melons.

 
At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And you should be proud of your melons. :) Snicker, snicker. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home