Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Project Time

I started to work on my kitchen a few weeks ago, emptying cupboards, what few I have, and taking out everything that I possibly could to make it easier to work in there. For those two weeks, I would go in, look around and turn around and go out. Sometimes it takes me a while to get motivated into action, and I am the type, if the motivation isn't there, it doesn't get done, and then I get used to it, and it will sit there for a good long time.

I took the plaster off the walls in the dining room, and ten years later, managed to put walls back up. An old room mate stopped in once out of the blue and she looked around and said, "Oh wow! you made this room into a studio!" Not wanting to tell her no, I just got used to having no walls, and didn't feel like putting any up, said, "Yeah.....yes...I turned it into a studio, looks cool, doesn't it?"

I resolved to not fall into that habit with the kitchen. I have no idea WHY I picked this time of year to do it. The corn was ready, so I had to put ladders and drop clothes aside, and do it, and now that the corn is in the freezer, I am back to work. Today, I put primer on the walls, covering up this horrid blue. So far, two coats are on, and it still isn't covered. I lost the good light in there when it clouded up so put everything away for another day, hopefully soon.

Once this kitchen is done, I won't have the excuse I have used for YEARS...Don't mind the mess, the house is under construction.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dont forget before and after pictures! We want to seeeeee.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Junie said...

There will be no "before" pictures as it was to nasty for even that. There might be an "after" picture sometime, though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home