Thursday, October 12, 2006

Cold Remedy

We had a cold front come through last night that turned our beautiful warm Fall into a cold winterish mix. There were even snow flurries today, which is a little early for us. It's not uncommon to see a bit a snow at the end of October, but rarely in the middle.

I turned on the heat over the weekend to find that the furnace was not working, and am now on a very long waiting list for repairs. The furnace man was to come today, but didn't show. I hope he comes tomorrow.

My solution to it being a little chilly in the house is to turn on the oven and start cooking. Then add some people for body warmth. My brother had called this morning and was coming over, so I got a roast out of the freezer and started up the oven. After he and his wife arrived, another brother showed up to visit, and he was going to stay. I made a call to yet another brother, and they all came. In all we were 8 warm bodies, enjoying a wonderful meal and company. No one noticed that there was no heat in the house, as with everyone at the kitchen table and all of the activity and laughter, we provided our own warmth.

I enjoyed having everyone over, as it has been a very long time since the house has been "guest friendly." I hope they can come more often.

I am so lucky I was born in the family I am in. I hear horror stories about siblings not getting along, but we all enjoy being with one another, and get along and love each other, quirks and all.

I will have no trouble keeping warm tonight, as the laughter and love from dinner will keep me warm the whole night through.

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

You have something to be very thankful for there Junie.. I admire those types of familes.. and could be slightly more than a bit envious of you...

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Junie said...

I am very lucky indeed.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Laura Belle said...

Great Story...the best way to keep warm :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home