Sunday, October 15, 2006

Weenie Roast Time

While my friends were hunting treasure, the phone rang. It was my twin brother.
Me: "Hello"
M: "Weenie roast. Here. Darkish. Coming?"
Me: "Yes"
M: "Bye"
Me: "Bye"

My other brother got the same call, so we all decided to ride up to the lake together. I, for some reason, thought it was just going to be a small group of us, just family, so I threw on some old clothes, and off we went. I didn't even comb my hair. ( It's Sunday.). We arrived to find about twenty five people sitting and milling around a nice fire, and tables of hot dogs, marshmallows, pie, cookies, doughnuts, beverages, you name it. By the fire were pots of hot chocolate, and cider warming. I was kind of glad it was "darkish" as I looked a fright and with the dim light, hoped no one would notice.

We all had a great time, and great food, and conversation. Sometimes the best times are those that are thrown together in a hurry and you just "go" not worrying about the little details, like having combed hair. No one noticed. No one cared.

I just love weenie roasts on beautiful Fall nights.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home