Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Update

I just got home from my last night of training at my new, now, no job. I didn't get the work done by the deadline tonight, so that's it for now for there. They said to call and I could be kept on the roster to be called in again to try again, as I finished the main part of the testing by the time allowed for that. I guess it just wasn't meant to be for that job right now. The next time won't be so bad since I know the drill and what is expected. I am thankful that I worked the short time that I did. It paid for my car repair from the breakdown last week, and without being there, I would have been sunk. The Lord must have other plans for me now. That's what I'm going to think anyway. Surely He didn't just put this job into my lap for 3 weeks just because my car was going to break down and need a costly repair, and then cut the job off after it's paid for. Hmmm

It has been the most stressful few weeks, and truthfully, I'm glad it's over. I must say I will be a little lost tomorrow at about 6 pm, but I'm sure I'll get over it quickly. For those who gave support, encouragement, and understanding through these last hectic weeks, thank you.

On a side note, there was a town meeting I missed tonight that I really wished I could have attended. I have never been to one, but the topic was something that is hitting very close to home. Literally. It seems someone wants to build an ethynol plant on the corner of MY ROAD. There is an industrial area about 2 miles north of here, with ample land and few houses to put something like that there. But no, they want to build it on MY CORNER of MY ROAD. Less than a country block away. I sure hope lot's of people attended that meeting tonight and got something accomplished. Progress sucks sometimes.

3 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger Bammy said...

God does work in mysterious ways...

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Junie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Junie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home