Friday, June 22, 2007

Odd Sights

Today was one of those days where I wish I would have had my camera with me. One of the things I saw, I can share later with a picture, I hope. The other opportunity passed, but I'll share it with you anyway.

As I arrived at work today, I walked over to the nail techs to say hello, and sitting on the other side of Connie was a regular customer I see often. She had a nail emergency. Connie was taking the polish off of her beautiful long nails. It wasn't something unusual in it's self, but this time, her client was wearing military fatigues. She is getting deployed tomorrow and discovered this morning that she was having some trouble firing her M16 with her long nails. So from the firing range, made a call for the emergency trip in. I had mentioned how funny she looked and wish I had my camera. She said that her friend at the range said the same thing as she was dialing the salon in the middle of firing off her weapon with all of the other soldiers standing there, pleading for Connie to squeeze her in to get her nails filed down. And then added that she wasn't your typical soldier.

As funny as the whole thing was, in the back of all of our minds is the fear that we all share for our friends and loved ones going on deployment. This particular client and her husband are both in the military and have a beautiful young son, age 4. I pray she will be safe and come home soon. I want to raz her some more about her nails.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home