Monday, November 24, 2008

And it Starts

I went to one of my favorite close out stores to see if they had anything new. I love the store because from one week to the next you never know what's in it. It was full of all kinds of holiday things, but I just went in to pick up a couple of items.

In the past, the store wouldn't have very many check out people, but today it had a couple lanes open. The lane I went through had this little old lady checker that had a comment on just about everything I had, which was only about 6 things. It took me a while to figure out what the total was I owed her, as she kept pushing all of these buttons but never really did tell me what the total was. After asking her a few times and she would push more buttons, and still not tell me the totale, I ended up looking over to a terminal for the amount, wrote my check out for seven dollars and some odd cents, and I handed her the check. She looked at the date... a long time. Then she looked at the amount...a long time. Then she said: "Is that a seven? It doesn't look like a seven to me, did you write seven?" I said yes, it's a seven, but she looked at it again, and then walked over to the desk so they could look at the check and then amount written so they could tell her it looked like a seven. The people behind me said "gee it's a seven, I could see in upside down that it's a seven." All the while more and more people are lining up in the check out line, and then figuring out it might be a bad idea to go through it. and move over to the other check out lanes. Then she looked at the check some more, showed me where my phone number was and asked, "Is this your phone number?"

By now, I have to laugh to myself. Somebody there was owed big time. Had to be. Someone that worked in that store had something over the manager, and if they didn't hire great Aunt Bertha for over the holidays they were going to let the cat out of the bag. I just know it.

1 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Sis, glad your are back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home