Monday, October 16, 2006

The Gift

I received a phone call from an aquaintance I haven't seen or talked to in years today. She had been visiting another friend of ours who had moved to KY. Our friend had a gift for me. Her husband hunts, and had bagged a turkey some time ago, and kept the tail feathers. When she looked at it, she said she had instantly thought of me. She wove a broach on the bottom, and has kept it for over a year until someone from up here came down for a visit and could bring it back to me.

In the Native American cutlture, the Eagle is to be considered the closest thing to the Creator, as they fly closest to the Heavens. They deliver prayers and bring back messages. Since Eagles are so Sacred, and the feathers so hard to find, many have used the turkey feather as a substitute, and often considered just as sacred. So you can see how thrilled I am to receive this gift. I will treasure it.

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger DB said...

Oh wow! That is beautiful.

What a lovely gift.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home