Wednesday, November 29, 2006

I Can Hear You Now!

I live kind of out in the middle of no where, and when I got a cell phone, thought that I would be able to use it for my long distance calling. The only cell service at the time that had any coverage at all in this area are those "can you hear me now" folks, so I got one of those. After I got the phone home, I realized that about the only time I could use it and not have dropped calls was if I moved from room to room in the house, stood on a chair, went in a closet, or stepped outside. It barely worked and the dropped calls were a nightmare.

A couple of weeks ago, I was coming home after dark, and noticed a new light behind the house. I called my brother to see if he knew what it was (he is always up to date on the goings on in the area,) and he said a cell phone company put up a new tower. MINE! YAY! I have been looking at the bars on my cell daily waiting for them to increase and low and behold, tonight I see bars. Not just a couple, but lots and lots of bars! No more dropped calls!

I never thought I would see the day when bars showing up on a cell phone would give me a thrill, and never thought I would start sounding like a cell phone commercial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home