Saturday, December 02, 2006

Icing On the Cake

The icing on yesterday's cake was at about 11:00 the power went out in the area for over four hours. I called to report it, and of course, got a recording where you punch in all of these numbers. After I punched in my account number the recording says: "For security purposes, we are only going to give you the first six letters of your last name." The voice then proceeded to spell out my last name; "XXXXX, is this correct?" I only have five letters in my last name, so the whole last name was said. I sat there with the phone to my ear with this dumbfounded look. Some security! I got the biggest chuckle out of that thinking of how many people have last names that contain less that six letters, and how secure they think they are being. Smith and Jones are out, so is Brown and thousands of other last names. Isn't that like hiding in the middle of the room?

Why, I wonder, do they do stupid things like that? Psst....Electric Company?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home