Sunday, December 03, 2006

When things aren't going very well I tend to get domestic. There must be something comforting about baking a pie or cookies, or popping pork chops and squash in the oven.

Maybe it's the memory of when I was little, and Sundays we had a large meal that Mom put in the oven before we went to Church, and when would would get home, all she had to do was pull it all out of the oven and serve. The house would smell so good. Maybe it's because of the meal, and the smell, and all of us together I felt safe and nothing bad was ever going to happen.

Maybe it's just keeping busy doing things to keep my mind off of the real things bothering me.

Maybe it's only because when I'm upset or worried I eat, and what a better way to solve that problem is to bake.

Maybe it's because...

2 Comments:

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you! You're a writer! Nice surprise! Was gonna IM ya to say hello and I saw this.

Can ya cook as well as ya write?Being
domestic is great compared to some of the other thangs people get stuck in!

Nice memories!

 
At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Junie CAN cook as well as she writes. And her apple pie is absolutely fantastic! I've never had better. And such a gracious hostess and person, as well.

Keep up the good work, Junie.

Trudy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home