Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

I have had a rough couple of days, and got off a little early tonight. When I got home, there was a message on my answering machine from my Aunt Betty. It said that she hoped I found the cookies she put in my gas grill this morning. YAY!! I ran out and sure enough, there was a plate of cookies wrapped tightly in plastic waiting for me to bring them in!

I know if she were to hand them to me, she would say that these cookies are from the same recipe that my great uncle baked in this very kitchen of mine. She always says that and I always nod and say gosh, how nice.

I already had a few and did they ever hit the spot. Sometimes it doesn't take much to make a person feel just a little bit better about things.

1 Comments:

At 3:54 PM, Blogger Cedar said...

Please tell your Aunt Betty that I have a BBQ in my yard also. I will send her the address.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home