Sunday, December 02, 2007

What's Cooking?

After 25 years with my stove, I decided that it was time that we part ways. Every time I baked the smoke alarm would go off, and when I got a good look inside the oven, discovered that there were tiny holes in the sides and bottom . No wonder the alarm was going off, it was probably insulation smoldering.

The new stove arrived Thursday, and since then have been happily baking up a storm. One cake, dinner today, and have plans for making up for lost time; I love to bake when the weather gets cold, and food that is from the oven tastes so much better, I think.

Hungry anyone? C'mon over!

3 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger DB said...

I'm looking forward to getting through the rest of this semester so I can do a bit of holiday baking.

I love the smell of something in the oven.

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be there as soon as I know you are ready for me. THe last time you cooked dinner for me and Craig and Laura, it was heavenly. And the best apple pie I ever did taste. Thank you again. It warmed my insides, as it was last winter. Here is another winter, and I'm ready for some more of your goooood cooking!

Trudy

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger The Greenes said...

Snowball Cookies those were the BEST!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home