Saturday, January 26, 2008

The Good Idea Gone Bad

When the fanny pack first came out, I thought wow, what a great idea. You can keep your hands free and carry all of your stuff and not have to worry about losing a purse or wallet while walking about the amusement parks or on a hike. I have one that I use when I go to festivals, big enough to hold a wallet and sun glasses but not much else. I actually wear it on my fanny, or sometimes to the side. I take the word "fanny" to be just that, something that is to be worn on or about the fanny.

Sometimes at festivals I see ladies that have these huge monster fanny packs, perched right there under their belly. Some, I swear are large enough to hold an adult kangaroo in them, even bigger. Can't find a parking place? Why heck, I'll just shove the car in my fanny pack and take it along! Doesn't anyone have the heart in their family to tell these ladies that those fanny packs just aren't very complimentary to their appearance?

Okay, I'll get back to what I was trying to talk about. There is this lady at work that always wears a fanny pack, perched on her belly, of course. I didn't think too much of it, as we are constantly moving from place to place throughout our shift and I thought she just used that to put her music and headphones in so she wouldn't have to lug all of that around. Until....

The evening news was talking about one of the school systems, and unions, and workers, and low and behold, they showed a clip of people at a podium addressing a panel, and what do I see? That lady from work, and she had on, you guessed it. That FANNY PACK!

Well then I got to wondering. Does she wear it around the house when she does her housework? Does she cook wearing it? Does she go to bed wearing it? After all, if she sleeps on her back, she can have it quite comfortable as she wears her fanny pack on her belly.

I don't know, but I think when someone had this great idea of having a bag that one can attatch to their person, so that hands can be free to do other things, I don't think they intended ladies to have it morph into another body part.

2 Comments:

At 10:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a couple extra ones, need one?

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger The Greenes said...

I LOVE this post b/c Ryan and I always end up counting the number of people wearing fanny packs around at cedar point!! Hilarious.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home