Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Ah Ha!

A while back I wrote about closing up the house in the Fall, and feeling a bit melencholy. I have always had a hard time putting my finger on the feeling I get when the windows close, and the house get's so quiet. I finally have figured it out. All of the birds, and insects kept me company. The sound of the wind rustling through the leaves talked to me, in a way. Even the cars that go by and the distant sound of the trains and whistles had something to say in a regular sort of way. They were a constant. It's like having all of your best friends over for a visit, and the house is bustling, and then when they leave, and the house is so quiet and empty, and your find yourself lonely, missing their warmth and laughter.

I am lonely. I miss my summer company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home